PDA

View Full Version : ozone

koifishlover
21-06-2008, 06:31 PM
hi all,
ada yg mengerti ttg ozone..? merk apa yg bagus, dan bagaimana sistem kerjanya...?
thx... :)

svenni
24-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi Pak,

ozone is generally used to sterilize water. For a koi pond there are mainly 2 applications.......

-reducing germs/bacteria pressure in the pond
-De-colouring the water (making the water crystal clear without any colouration)

For the application of reducing the germs/bacteria pressure a lot of (expensive) equipment is needed as ozone is actually quite dangerous and therefore the dosage needs to be controlled/measured. Generally you would need an ozone generator with a high output, an oxygen concentrator to maximize the ozone output, a sensor for the redox potential plus matching control unit. The total price of such a system easily will reach 30 jt. There are pro's and con's for this kind of system but I personally think that "sterilizing" the pond with ozone just results in very vulnerable koi as they are not able to deal with a "normal" bacteria load anymore. Also the mucus tends to get thinner as the koi do not need any protection shield anymore. The thinner mucus results in less lustre.

The second option is de-colouring the water. In that case you need a small ozone generator, a standard air pump and no special measuring equipment. Even low dosages of ozone are significantly improving the water colour/clarity. I am using a 500mg generator in my D4 pond and the water is virtually colour-less :D

General info about ozone: Ozone is a quite instable chemical component. It is produced in a high-current where an additional oxygen atom is added to the oxygen making O2 become O3. Ozone reacts very easily with any other matter and oxidizes it. This results in the O3 becoming O2 again.

Hope this info is sufficient :D

koifishlover
24-06-2008, 10:16 PM
hey man, thanks for info,
sure it helps sooo much..... as it's very detailed... :)
besides, i also read your post on other threads, and now i'm pretty sure i need to get one of those... :)
as for 350 k, does the air pump, air stone ( its needed rite..? ) included..? what brand do you use / have in stock rite now ?

svenni
24-06-2008, 10:52 PM
besides, i also read your post on other threads, and now i'm pretty sure i need to get one of those... :)
as for 350 k, does the air pump, air stone ( its needed rite..? ) included..? what brand do you use / have in stock rite now ?

Hi Pak,

the price is only for the generator. For the air supply you simply add one hose to the generator from your existing air pump. From the generator you just mount another hose and regular air stone. If you want I can include the air stone (5.000 Rp.) and 5 meters of hose ( 12.500 Rp.) :mrgreen:

koifishlover
24-06-2008, 11:29 PM
o... so the ozone will fit with any brand yes..? mine is hailea currently.. what's the ozone brand..? from german ? are
there any 2 in 1 products..?
1 more. have you know d exact date for d next spkc shipment..? so i could get d ozone when i pick up d fish... :)

svenni
24-06-2008, 11:47 PM
o... so the ozone will fit with any brand yes..? mine is hailea currently.. what's the ozone brand..? from german ? are
1 more. have you know d exact date for d next spkc shipment..? so i could get d ozone when i pick up d fish... :)

I get the generators from China. I do not know the next shipping date from SPKC yet but if you need a generator we can send it (the unit weighs a few grams only)..

koifishlover
24-06-2008, 11:53 PM
ok, will contact u...

steamkoi
25-06-2008, 04:10 AM

I get the generators from China. I do not know the next shipping date from SPKC yet but if you need a generator we can send it (the unit weighs a few grams only)..

Hi Mr.svenn . How long this generator should be operated ? is it 24/7 ? i'd like to have this device as well :)

koifishlover
25-06-2008, 06:32 PM
and, do we need to have uv for this ozone..? what happens if i don't use uv ?

svenni
25-06-2008, 06:40 PM
and, do we need to have uv for this ozone..? what happens if i don't use uv ?

No need of UV for the ozone. If you have no algae problem it is ok not to use UV lights...

koifishlover
25-06-2008, 06:45 PM
o.. ok2, good then.... :)

Teddy
12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Sven,
i heard that ozone very dangerous, can make metal rust .
is it ok to connect with aerator (maybe it's save because the air flow from aerator to ozone, not vice versa?
does this unit need some "refill/replacement "?
heard from salesman in supermarket sell ozone generator (to clean fruit, meat ) we need to replace 1 component every certain time though it's quite cheap (about 35 thousand idr)

i saw the air hose quality and i think can handle ozone . you think ordinari air hose and regular airstone are ok to use?

Hi Pak,

the price is only for the generator. For the air supply you simply add one hose to the generator from your existing air pump. From the generator you just mount another hose and regular air stone. If you want I can include the air stone (5.000 Rp.) and 5 meters of hose ( 12.500 Rp.) :mrgreen:

svenni
24-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Sven,
i heard that ozone very dangerous, can make metal rust .
is it ok to connect with aerator (maybe it's save because the air flow from aerator to ozone, not vice versa?
does this unit need some "refill/replacement "?
heard from salesman in supermarket sell ozone generator (to clean fruit, meat ) we need to replace 1 component every certain time though it's quite cheap (about 35 thousand idr)

i saw the air hose quality and i think can handle ozone . you think ordinari air hose and regular airstone are ok to use?

Hi Pak,

Hi Pak Teddy,

sorry I just read your post. Yes, ozone will oxidize anything and it is very agressive. For the air hose and airstone I would recommend to use "standard" materials. They might decay after a few month but the replacement is very cheap. If you want to use an ozone resistant hose you need to use Teflon hoses and ceramic diffusors. The ozone generator needs a replacement of the high voltage tube every 6-9 month. The replacement tube is less than 100.000 Rp.

Hope that info helps.

Thanks....

Ajik Raffles
29-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Apa khabar om Teddy,

Kalau mau liat aplikasi ozone by Mr. Sven, bisa liat di Wijaya, om. Sudah empat bulan kolam ini menggunakan ozone. So far so good. Mudah2an saya sempat menulis pengalaman menggunakan ozone ini di majalah KOI-S :D

Teddy
29-03-2010, 02:55 PM
hallo om ajik...
lama tak sua nich..wah kalo ud ada rekomendasi dari komandan siap dilaksanakan deh kalo gitu..

tks yah..
(tapi ditunggu tulisannya nich)...he.he.he

Apa khabar om Teddy,

Kalau mau liat aplikasi ozone by Mr. Sven, bisa liat di Wijaya, om. Sudah empat bulan kolam ini menggunakan ozone. So far so good. Mudah2an saya sempat menulis pengalaman menggunakan ozone ini di majalah KOI-S :D