PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Diffuser - Inline Diffuser

svenni
27-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi,

another MII (Made in Indonesia) product is done :D

As I am using pure oxygen supply in some of my ponds (better DO, better bacteria population, better growth) I bought special diffusers from Germany to get a better dissolution into the water. These diffusers produce very fine bubbles which have a much bigger surface area (means more contact area with the water) and ascend much slower towards the water surface (longer contact time with the water). The result is very good and I have DO values between 8,5 to 10 mg/l (with normal air pumps I never got more than 6,8 mg/l). The diffusers use a wooden plate through which the air/oxygen has to pass. This creates the fine bubbles.

As usual with products coming from abroad the price was astronomically high so I decided to re-build the diffuser locally. This is how it looks like (please no comments on the dirty pipe and the marks on the plates, that were the very first units :mrgreen:. The new ones will look better :wink: )

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/forumpics/O2disperser1.jpg

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/forumpics/O2disperser2.jpg

I will now start a test how much higher the DO can get if I use these diffusers with a "normal" air pump. I estimate that the DO can be increased at least by 0,5 mg/l as the dissolution is much better.

I also will produce an Inline diffusor which uses the same princip but with a T-piece connected to a pond water pipe. In that case the dissolution should be increased.

Here is a sketch for better understanding

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/forumpics/Inlinediffuser.jpg

This system might also help reducing the evaporation of CO2 which sometimes causes an increased pH value :D

tenonx
27-06-2008, 02:57 PM
wow... you're the best Sven ... MII .... what a name :mrgreen:

steamkoi
27-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Mr.svenn This is a great device :) and how much the price for it ? maybe i'm going to try this one on my pond as well :) so i can learn it more and practically understand. :) .

This Device + ozone + uv = What A must have setup for every pond! or it just a bit over ? :)

As i understand this device will increase DO and and our fish will swim happily ever after hehe :)

.........or.... I could learn about it more straight from you at your store hehehh :) for free maybe ? ....... kiddin :D :D

Ajik Raffles
27-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Pak Sven.... you're da man..... :idea: :idea:
Don't forget to up date the test result ... Hopefully it will work...

svenni
27-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi,

for pure oxygen it works perfectly (the diffusers). For normal air I will install it on Sunday when I am back in Jakarta. For the diffusers it works best if they are installed under the water inlet. In that case the bubbles are pushed back into the water and there is a longer reaction time.

@Pak Steamkoi:
UV = reducing algae, Ozone = no colour, Diffuser = higher DO
no overkill :mrgreen:
The diffusers are sold at 595.000,-- Rp. but before I do not have the results with a "normal" air pump I would not sell them for this application. The initial production was made for dissolving oxygen from a generator (93% purity) as the normal air stones did not give a good result.

Once I have the results from my tests I will update.

For the Inline Diffuser I will arrange everything before I leave to Germany, so I can have the product ready for testing right after I get back. I will re-build my D1 and D2 pond to install the MII RDF, MII Inline diffuser and MII skimmer :mrgreen:

Results will be available latest by end of July....

William Pantoni
28-06-2008, 04:47 AM
Hi Pak....
I also interest in your diffusers...pls up date us on te results.
Thx.

steamkoi
29-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi,

for pure oxygen it works perfectly (the diffusers). For normal air I will install it on Sunday when I am back in Jakarta. For the diffusers it works best if they are installed under the water inlet. In that case the bubbles are pushed back into the water and there is a longer reaction time.

@Pak Steamkoi:
UV = reducing algae, Ozone = no colour, Diffuser = higher DO
no overkill :mrgreen:
The diffusers are sold at 595.000,-- Rp. but before I do not have the results with a "normal" air pump I would not sell them for this application. The initial production was made for dissolving oxygen from a generator (93% purity) as the normal air stones did not give a good result.

Once I have the results from my tests I will update.

For the Inline Diffuser I will arrange everything before I leave to Germany, so I can have the product ready for testing right after I get back. I will re-build my D1 and D2 pond to install the MII RDF, MII Inline diffuser and MII skimmer :mrgreen:

Results will be available latest by end of July....

Hmmm then it is a must have item :). I'm going to visit your koi boutique soon after you are arrived in Jakarta. I'd like to have a chitchat with you about all the items you have :) eheheheh :D :D :D :D :D