PDA

View Full Version : New Project - State-of-the-art show pond at Koi-Collection

svenni
31-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys,

after having finalized all negotiations in Germany we will start with our new pond project next week. Our pond will very likely be one of the most sophisticated pond in Indonesia using the latest technology and the project will be monitored by one of the best pond builders in Germany. The planned setup is:

-capacity 120 -150 tons
-5-6 Bottom Drains
-2 Skimmers
-Water Fall
-Rotary Drum Filter
-Bio Chamber with Helix moving bead
-Submersible UVC's
-Ozon 200mg for de-colouring the water
-automatic re-fill of water
-Flow rate 80-100cbm/h

The filter system will have less than 10 tons of water capacity, will be almost maintenance free and providing absolutely clear and clean water.

We build this pond to give our customers the opportunity seeing the new technology in operation and see the difference in the water quality, even with a filter capacity of only 7-8% of the total pond volume.

The technology is widely spread in Europe already and I have seen a few ponds using it. I was amazed how maintenance friendly the system is and how the water looked like.

Digging will start next week and we hope to finish the project before end of this year :D

I will post photos of the progress regularly. After the project is finished KC will host a party for all KOI's members and KC customers to introduce the system and the products :wink:

chester
01-09-2007, 03:55 AM
Sven,

I woke up very early this morning because Chester kicks my face :lol:

I will definitely eager to see your new project development of the new pond with the 'new' system:

My immediate questions are:

-1- Does this filter system purely mechanical or biological or mixed?
Where is the location of the bio chamber? after or before the Drum Filter?

-2- Where will be also the set up for the ozone system? the same system as Malcolm Greene (KWG) uses to set up? What base you determine that ozone 200mg could be adequate for 120-150 ton pond capacity? where in the chamber you will install the ozone including the 'electroshock' system to convert O3 (ozone) to O2 (oxygen) because I understand O3 should not enter into the pond otherwise it might be dangerous for the fish?

-3- What is the function of the water fall? just for a decoration or a kind of trickle tower/bakki shower system?

-4- Will you have the roof or shading system for the pond?

-5- What pump you will use for that 80-100cbm/h flow rate and how many including the wattages. RedDevil 2?

-6- Why will you need to install the UVC's since you have the ozone already?

-7- Lastly, what is the total equipment costs of the project (the hardwares)? Rp 200,000,000.00? :lol: :lol: I am sure it will not only be the most sophisticated pond in Indonesia, but also the most expensive one .. :D

cheers

Gom 7rait
01-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Sorry Pak Ricky, with my interuption.

Pak Sven

That pond must be a very good in water quality, I am sure it will be fullfiled with high class kois.

Do you still run the original ponds?

regards
gom

svenni
01-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Sven,

I woke up very early this morning because Chester kicks my face :lol:

I will definitely eager to see your new project development of the new pond with the 'new' system:

My immediate questions are:

-1- Does this filter system purely mechanical or biological or mixed?
Where is the location of the bio chamber? after or before the Drum Filter?

-2- Where will be also the set up for the ozone system? the same system as Malcolm Greene (KWG) uses to set up? What base you determine that ozone 200mg could be adequate for 120-150 ton pond capacity? where in the chamber you will install the ozone including the 'electroshock' system to convert O3 (ozone) to O2 (oxygen) because I understand O3 should not enter into the pond otherwise it might be dangerous for the fish?

-3- What is the function of the water fall? just for a decoration or a kind of trickle tower/bakki shower system?

-4- Will you have the roof or shading system for the pond?

-5- What pump you will use for that 80-100cbm/h flow rate and how many including the wattages. RedDevil 2?

-6- Why will you need to install the UVC's since you have the ozone already?

-7- Lastly, what is the total equipment costs of the project (the hardwares)? Rp 200,000,000.00? :lol: :lol: I am sure it will not only be the most sophisticated pond in Indonesia, but also the most expensive one .. :D

cheers

Hi Ricky,

I was expecting these questions :mrgreen:

1) The system is a mix of mechanical and biological filtering. The first stage is the drum filter which takes out detritus and all particles up to 60 micron (0,06 mm). The second stage is biological cleaning. Due to almost all waste taken out of the water immediately (due to the high flow rate) the biostage has a much lower workload than usual, means the biological capacity is much higher.

2) The Ozone is a very simple machine as it is only meant for taking the colour out of the water. Opionions about using Ozone for sterilization of the water vary and I belong to the group that does not favour Ozone for this purpose as the koi get a thinner mucus, less lustre and they become more vulnerable to diseases at "normal" bacteria load. The machine will be placed in the "equipment room" and the Ozon will be mixed with the water in the collecting chamber before the drum filter. By that way all Ozon traces will evaporate before the water gets back to the pond. The 200mg dosis is not dangerous at all as it is too small to harm the fishes but it is sufficient to take the "yellow" colour out of the water.

3) The water fall is mainly for decoration but it will also enrich oxygen. We are still considering to integrate a small "plant" filter for reducing Nitrate and avoid string algae in the pond.

4) Shading is done by the trees that we have at that location. We will have only afternoon sun reaching the pond which is perfect.

5) The pumps are still an issue. Linn pumps require the sealing to be changed every 2 years and there is no service center in Indonesia so far. We will verify whether this service can be provided by us. The alternative now will be Optimax Pumps from Oase which have 20000 l/h flow rate at 120 Watt (I mean true 120 Watt, not only on the label :wink: ). If the Red Devil 2 will be available by that time we would consider this pump as well.

6) Ozone does not reduce algae in the pond. To avoid the pond getting green UVC is still required. However due to the filtering system a smaller dosis of UVC is required.

7) We will mention the construction costs on the pond after it has been finished. We expect the total costs to be well below 200 jt. as we already found an alternative supplier for the drum filter with a much better price. So far, I think your pond is the "most expensive one" considering all the re-builds :mrgreen:

Anyway, keep everyone updated on the progress....

chester
01-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Sven, thanks for your elaboration and we shall discuss about it sometimes in the near future..

cheers

koi_lemes
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
om sven

kapan niihh kita di lihatin foto nya untuk kolam super canggihnya.. kok blom di mulai siih.. pengen lihat nih

Davkoi
15-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Kita semua menunggu foto dari kolam barunya om Sven .
BTW : Apa sudah dimulai pembuatan kolamnya ?

Tks

Davkoi

koinia
25-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I was expecting these questions :mrgreen:

1) The system is a mix of mechanical and biological filtering. The first stage is the drum filter which takes out detritus and all particles up to 60 micron (0,06 mm). The second stage is biological cleaning. Due to almost all waste taken out of the water immediately (due to the high flow rate) the biostage has a much lower workload than usual, means the biological capacity is much higher.

2) The Ozone is a very simple machine as it is only meant for taking the colour out of the water. Opionions about using Ozone for sterilization of the water vary and I belong to the group that does not favour Ozone for this purpose as the koi get a thinner mucus, less lustre and they become more vulnerable to diseases at "normal" bacteria load. The machine will be placed in the "equipment room" and the Ozon will be mixed with the water in the collecting chamber before the drum filter. By that way all Ozon traces will evaporate before the water gets back to the pond. The 200mg dosis is not dangerous at all as it is too small to harm the fishes but it is sufficient to take the "yellow" colour out of the water.

3) The water fall is mainly for decoration but it will also enrich oxygen. We are still considering to integrate a small "plant" filter for reducing Nitrate and avoid string algae in the pond.

4) Shading is done by the trees that we have at that location. We will have only afternoon sun reaching the pond which is perfect.

5) The pumps are still an issue. Linn pumps require the sealing to be changed every 2 years and there is no service center in Indonesia so far. We will verify whether this service can be provided by us. The alternative now will be Optimax Pumps from Oase which have 20000 l/h flow rate at 120 Watt (I mean true 120 Watt, not only on the label :wink: ). If the Red Devil 2 will be available by that time we would consider this pump as well.

6) Ozone does not reduce algae in the pond. To avoid the pond getting green UVC is still required. However due to the filtering system a smaller dosis of UVC is required.

7) We will mention the construction costs on the pond after it has been finished. We expect the total costs to be well below 200 jt. as we already found an alternative supplier for the drum filter with a much better price. So far, I think your pond is the "most expensive one" considering all the re-builds :mrgreen:

Anyway, keep everyone updated on the progress....

Mr Sven, like you told at number 3, that you will integrate a small "plant" at that filter for reducing Nitrate and avoid string algae in the pond, so what "a small plant" will you use? or maybe i can see at your office when i go to jakarta?

Thanks your information.

Coolwater
19-01-2008, 09:35 PM
What happened to this project? Was it successfully implemented? What's the outcome?

chris
25-01-2008, 12:06 PM
what a very big pond, and the Koi should be jumbo koi above 50 cm, I wonder to see the picture starting from the construction till the pond finished end of this year, please load the progress to this Forum Okay.

chester
25-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Tiga hari yang lalu saya sempat bertemu Sven sebelum dia berangkat ke Jerman malamnya. Pond project ini sepertinya belum dimulai karena Sven sedang merenovasi kolam kolam yang sudah ada dengan sistem yang hampir identik dengan yang akan diaplikasi di new pond projectnya.
Katanya renovasi akan selesai 2 bulanan lagi dan mungkin setelah itu baru menggarap project barunya.

Kalau tidak salah nanti Pak Eno akan dilibatkan dalam project project ini supaya East meets West :lol:

cheers