PDA

View Full Version : oyagoi?

Sony Wibisono
21-12-2007, 08:48 AM
sekalian belajar,
boleh lihat gak, koi parents-nya seperti apa?

salam,
sony

TanSL
22-12-2007, 11:29 AM
sekalian belajar,
boleh lihat gak, koi parents-nya seperti apa?

salam,
sony

Some oyagoi are grand champions, but there are oyagoi that you would think the breeders are crazy to keep them. :wink:

Sakai publishes almost all of their oyagoi, Momotaro does that too, Omosako also do. Dainichi would not, I think you know why already by what I said. There are also many breeders that changes their parent pairing every season.

I hope I have completely make things very complicated for you. :roll:

chester
28-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Breeders who don't publish their oyagois to let public know what tosai they will buy are coming from are usually breeders who don't have too many of such. Dainichi and Maruyama don't have so many proven oyagois, I think, so they breed the same giants every other year.

As bloodlines are very important, at least for me in buying any kois especially tosai, to try to save my investment :lol: , the necessity to know the oyagoi is almost mandatory, anyway since price does matter, you sometimes could not insist in knowing such details, because perhaps, the dealers themselves also don't know what oyagois produces the tosai they sell.

Is that correct, brother Tan?

cheers

TanSL
28-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey brudder,

Every breeder have their own reasons. For Dainichi, the oyagoi is so ugly you will fall off your chair when you take a look at it. They are unbelievable ugly. There are also times when breeders do mix fry from sametime spawning so its hard to tell which are the oyagoi set.

Cheers

chester
28-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Quite famous Sakai Showa oyagoi, Popeye Musume, who won Superior Champion (alias Runner Up GC) on last All Japan Shinkokai Jan 2007, who is now owned by an Indonesian top hobbyist, was also not a good oyagoi - that's why she was sold - although she is very beauty.

So you may have a point here, newly father Tan, that uglier the oyagoi, better will be the offsprings. :lol:

cheers

svenni
28-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I was thinking when Chester is going to give this comment. It was in the air already for quite a while :lol:

chester
30-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi Sven,

Thanks for your visit yesterday and have a great holiday for you, Uci and fam .. as discussed, if u do have time pls be reminded to video shoot my Dr. M (98pct finish, it is said :lol: ) and to check the bloodline of your showa male parent ..

Happy New Year old buddy

cheers