PDA

View Full Version : Air Kuning

gmax
23-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Ada yg saya mo tanyain nih friend. Knp air dikolam saya kuning yah, tepatnya kuning bening tidak keruh. apa karena chamber filter saya idak pake zeolit?
mohon pencerahan.. thanks :cry:

William Pantoni
23-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Pak...info nya kurang details.....bnyk penyebabnya :
- Klu bisa info soal kolam dan filter nya...ukuran kolam dan filter nya dan system filter dan media nya apa aja?
- Apakah kolam baru?
- Apakah abis ganti air? Pakai Air Tanah atau....?

svenni
23-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Pak,

if your water is clean/clear and the filter matured already you can either use ozone (generator fed from air pumps + air stone in the first chamber) or try active carbon. The yellow colour has nothing to do with a good or bad filter system :D

steamkoi
23-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Ada yg saya mo tanyain nih friend. Knp air dikolam saya kuning yah, tepatnya kuning bening tidak keruh. apa karena chamber filter saya idak pake zeolit?

Salam kenal!!

Pak apakah kolam bapak indoor/outdoor? thank you

irwhadi
23-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Or do more frequent water changes, 5 to 10% daily is recommended. Worked well for my pond, till I get lazy and bought an ozone-generating tube from Mr. Sven :D .
But a word of caution, ozone is a very powerful oxidizing agent. Just like PK, in time your water becomes crystal clear. But watch the dosage you put in the water. :wink:

svenni
23-05-2008, 09:48 PM
But a word of caution, ozone is a very powerful oxidizing agent. Just like PK, in time your water becomes crystal clear. But watch the dosage you put in the water. :wink:

Hi Pak Irwhadi,

yes you are right. But the dosage that you can reach with our ozone generators is way to small to harm the koi. The initial capacity ranges from 200mg to 1g depending on the model. But these values are only reached if pure oxygen is used in the process (from an oxygen generator). If you use the normal air pumps the value is only 20% of that. Furthermore the ozone is a very instable chemical substance and therefore it will react with the organice matter in the water and the filter (resulting in the conversion back to oxygen). This is why it is recommended to enter the ozone in the first filter chamber (like Vortex). If you want to go the whole nine yards (means also sterilizing the water) you need to apply pure oxygen and also install a Redox Sensor which controls the supply of ozone. I personally would never recommend that because I think that koi living in sterile water become too vulnerable to diseases. Beside that the equipment is way too expensive :wink:

Davkoi
23-05-2008, 11:31 PM

correct , maximal 0,3 g per 4000 liter .
lebih dari itu , butuh ORP controller .

Gom 7rait
21-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Hi Pak Irwhadi,

yes you are right. But the dosage that you can reach with our ozone generators is way to small to harm the koi. The initial capacity ranges from 200mg to 1g depending on the model. But these values are only reached if pure oxygen is used in the process (from an oxygen generator). If you use the normal air pumps the value is only 20% of that. Furthermore the ozone is a very instable chemical substance and therefore it will react with the organice matter in the water and the filter (resulting in the conversion back to oxygen). This is why it is recommended to enter the ozone in the first filter chamber (like Vortex). If you want to go the whole nine yards (means also sterilizing the water) you need to apply pure oxygen and also install a Redox Sensor which controls the supply of ozone. I personally would never recommend that because I think that koi living in sterile water become too vulnerable to diseases. Beside that the equipment is way too expensive :wink:

Pak Sven

So, what methods could be the best one to reduce or better to eliminate yellowish color in the water, especially coloring by the feeds. How about CA? Thanks

Cheers

svenni
24-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Pak Gom,

personally I think that the ozone generator is the best and easiest solution. The generator is reasonable in price and the result is really good. I operate a 500mg generator at my D4 pond, the water is superbly clear and the generator costs only 350.000 Rp.. No need to clean or change....

irwhadi
24-06-2008, 09:21 PM
So, what methods could be the best one to reduce or better to eliminate yellowish color in the water, especially coloring by the feeds. How about CA?

Carbon Aktif dapat juga efektif menghilangkan warna ( & bau). Kelemahannya adalah perlu di ganti secara berkala apabila sudah jenuh (tidak seperti zeolit yg dapat di recycle penggunaannya). Berapa lama usia pakainya? Tergantung dari tingkat polutan dalam kolam kita. Jadi harus rajin di cek. CA juga tidak memiliki fungsi sterilisasi seperti ozone (walaupun akan berbahaya dalam dosis yg tinggi). Jadi masing2 cara memiliki positif dan negatif point nya masing2. Tergantung kita nyamannya dgn yg mana. :D

svenni
24-06-2008, 09:31 PM
So, what methods could be the best one to reduce or better to eliminate yellowish color in the water, especially coloring by the feeds. How about CA?

Carbon Aktif dapat juga efektif menghilangkan warna ( & bau). Kelemahannya adalah perlu di ganti secara berkala apabila sudah jenuh (tidak seperti zeolit yg dapat di recycle penggunaannya). Berapa lama usia pakainya? Tergantung dari tingkat polutan dalam kolam kita. Jadi harus rajin di cek. CA juga tidak memiliki fungsi sterilisasi seperti ozone (walaupun akan berbahaya dalam dosis yg tinggi). Jadi masing2 cara memiliki positif dan negatif point nya masing2. Tergantung kita nyamannya dgn yg mana. :D

Hi Pak,

to avoid an overdose I use quite small generators. Like in my D4 pond the initial capacity is 500mg but that reads in case the supply is pure oxygen. as I do only use an air pump the value is already reduced a lot because the oxygen content in the air is only 21%. Als the humidity and temperature of the air will reduce the net production of ozone. As I enter the ozone in the first chamber there is enough organic matter left to eliminate any remaining ozone. Also the water passes the UV light which can eliminate any remaining ozone traces. So for de-colouring the water the use of ozone is very safe as the dosage is very small :D

Gom 7rait
24-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Pak Gom,

personally I think that the ozone generator is the best and easiest solution. The generator is reasonable in price and the result is really good. I operate a 500mg generator at my D4 pond, the water is superbly clear and the generator costs only 350.000 Rp.. No need to clean or change....

Thank you Pak,

Seem very interested, what cost of this 350,000 IDR, operasional or the generator price? (sorry, 1st time to know about this).

A special FAQ to you Sven; (OOT) I read (at K-C) a new model pump with power consume only 75 watt can delivers capasity to about 25,000 L/h; it is amazing... but frankly... I am a bit doubted... Can we test it (power consume); Examination method using serial (amps) and parallel (volt) by avo or amp meter. Sorry to many questions. Thanks

Cheers

svenni
24-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Pak Gom,

Thank you Pak,

Seem very interested, what cost of this 350,000 IDR, operasional or the generator price? (sorry, 1st time to know about this).

A special FAQ to you Sven; (OOT) I read (at K-C) a new model pump with power consume only 75 watt can delivers capasity to about 25,000 L/h; it is amazing... but frankly... I am a bit doubted... Can we test it (power consume); Examination method using serial (amps) and parallel (volt) by avo or amp meter. Sorry to many questions. Thanks

Cheers

Hi Pak,

the 350.000 Rp. is the generator price. The power consumption is only about 10Watt.

Regarding the low energy pumps, the HP 25000 model is actually consuming "real" 132 Watt. This is still an excellent value since the Tsurumi 150 Watt is consuming 237Watt with a flow rate of 15000 liter/hour. As I mentioned on my website I will check all "true" values when I got the goods here. The shipment is now transiting in Singapore and it is supposed to arrive mid July. The measured values will be higher for sure but still I know that the ratio of power consumption and flow rate is very amazing, especially as we do not have the subsidized PLN anymore 8)

Gom 7rait
25-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Thanks

I plan to have the ozone generator soon, is it available in our market? I will contact you

I will be interested to know what the result of HP25000 pump power consumtion. Anyway, if any class or model which lower capacity (25000 l/h might be to much for some small pond, under 10 tons) available?

Regards

Teddy
25-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi Sven,
regarding your ozone generator, doesn't it need to be replace for every such a period? I heard your staff said since it 's been installed till beginning June (show time), it's never been replaced but she said it needs replacement

Would you elaborate more about the pump.
is it low head pump or can be used for TT (about 2 metres height)?
what 's the flow rate at 2 metres head?

Hi Pak Gom,

Thank you Pak,

Cheers

Hi Pak,

the 350.000 Rp. is the generator price. The power consumption is only about 10Watt.

Regarding the low energy pumps, the HP 25000 model is actually consuming "real" 132 Watt. This is still an excellent value since the Tsurumi 150 Watt is consuming 237Watt with a flow rate of 15000 liter/hour. As I mentioned on my website I will check all "true" values when I got the goods here. The shipment is now transiting in Singapore and it is supposed to arrive mid July. The measured values will be higher for sure but still I know that the ratio of power consumption and flow rate is very amazing, especially as we do not have the subsidized PLN anymore 8)

svenni
25-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi,

@Pak Gom & Pak Teddy:

Regarding the ozone generator it is important that they do not overheat. At the beginning I installed them inside a 4 Inch pipe to protect them from spilling water and they got broken because of the heat. After I installed them on a higher place without any cover they work without problem. There are no parts that need to be replaced, except the air stones which get brittle after about 3 month, so consider about 5000 Rp. maintenance cost per month :mrgreen: I have stock available here in Jakarta. The available models are 200mg (for ponds up to 15 tons), 500mg (for ponds up to 30 tons and 1g (for ponds up to 60 tons). Prices can be checked at our office, the biggest model is 490.000 Rp. if I am not mistaken :D

Regarding the water pumps. According to the specs the pumps can lift water also. The range is from 2,2 to 8,2 metres. The models that are on the way have flow rates of 16, 25, 30, 45 and 55 cbm(tons)/hour. These pumps can also be regulated by using a simple dimmer (you get these in every ACE Hardware shop or electrical equipment shop).
As I mentioned before I tested the consumption of the 25000 liter pump already. It consumes "true" 132 Watt. I tested this with a power meter that I bought in Germany. Regarding the lift I will test all pump models and make a flow rate diagramm (what flow rate in what height). However I am quite sure that the flow rate will drop quite significantly if the pumps need to lift water. The ETA for the pumps is mid July. Once I have the pumps on hand I will need about 2 days to do all the tests.

Teddy
25-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Sven,
the reason i didn;t buy that ozone because I concerned about replacement cost (the same cost as initial buying cost)..
don't get mad with your staff, maybe I was the one misunderstood..
in term of water volume , is it only pond volume or include filter volume?
could you elaborate why the airstome get brittle?
Is it better connected to more than 1 airstone just like aeration?

If I use this ozone, should the (existing) UV switched on/off ?

Hi,

@Pak Gom & Pak Teddy:

Regarding the ozone generator it is important that they do not overheat. At the beginning I installed them inside a 4 Inch pipe to protect them from spilling water and they got broken because of the heat. After I installed them on a higher place without any cover they work without problem. There are no parts that need to be replaced, except the air stones which get brittle after about 3 month, so consider about 5000 Rp. maintenance cost per month :mrgreen: I have stock available here in Jakarta. The available models are 200mg (for ponds up to 15 tons), 500mg (for ponds up to 30 tons and 1g (for ponds up to 60 tons). Prices can be checked at our office, the biggest model is 490.000 Rp. if I am not mistaken :D

Regarding the water pumps. According to the specs the pumps can lift water also. The range is from 2,2 to 8,2 metres. The models that are on the way have flow rates of 16, 25, 30, 45 and 55 cbm(tons)/hour. These pumps can also be regulated by using a simple dimmer (you get these in every ACE Hardware shop or electrical equipment shop).
As I mentioned before I tested the consumption of the 25000 liter pump already. It consumes "true" 132 Watt. I tested this with a power meter that I bought in Germany. Regarding the lift I will test all pump models and make a flow rate diagramm (what flow rate in what height). However I am quite sure that the flow rate will drop quite significantly if the pumps need to lift water. The ETA for the pumps is mid July. Once I have the pumps on hand I will need about 2 days to do all the tests.

svenni
25-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Sven,
the reason i didn;t buy that ozone because I concerned about replacement cost (the same cost as initial buying cost)..
don't get mad with your staff, maybe I was the one misunderstood..
in term of water volume , is it only pond volume or include filter volume?
could you elaborate why the airstome get brittle?
Is it better connected to more than 1 airstone just like aeration?

If I use this ozone, should the (existing) UV switched on/off ?

Hi Pak Teddy,

honestly, I do not have any firm data how long the generator will last but I consider it suitable if it will last at least 1 year. So far I have one generator running for more than 6 month already and it's doing fine. I am considering to modify the generators here by mounting a PC Ventilator on the housing. As we have quite humid air in Indonesia I am still searching for Silica Gel locally. In that case the air could be dried before it enters the O3 generator. That will definately extend the lifetime a lot.

The water volume I mentioned is for total pond volume incl. Filter.

The airstones get brittle because O3 is a very agressive substance. You will find out that the air hose will become white and hard (on the outlet side). The airstones actually break on the connection where the plastic is glued to the stone. There are Ozone resistant hoses (Teflon) and Stones (Ceramic) available but the price is way too high, so I prefer to chnage the air stones (and hose) from time to time.

For the Ozone 1 airstone is fully enough. No need for more.

The UV light should be turned on as Ozone is not removing algae. Furthermore UV light is excellent to remove any remaining ozone before the water gets back to the pond.

I have made a simple sketch how the generator looks like

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/forumpics/O3gensketch.jpg

irwhadi
25-06-2008, 02:22 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii211/irwhadi/ozonetube.jpg

The one I got from Mr. Sven, quite a simple device but gets hot very easily (also as indication that its working). The biggest size of the models. It needs repair now because the airway on the tube is blocked (did some self repair :( ) Don't know if Mr. Sven would give me warranty :D

Gom 7rait
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I ran it now... small model for 6 tonnes ... very simple and a little bit wondering with its smell, seem like metal being heated... it is the ozone yah...

The result will be seen next week ?

cheers

Davkoi
01-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Bantu tampilin ozone nya bro Hadi

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii211/irwhadi/ozonetube.jpg

irwhadi
02-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks Bro Dav, sampai sekarang aku kaga bisa posting gambar tuh. :D
Gatek deh...

3as
03-07-2008, 09:17 AM

pak kalau masih bingung dengan penjelasan senior2 yg lain.

coba bapak periksa dulu sumber air yg digunakan, air kuning biasanya karena kandungan logam yg tinggi biasanya besi (fe) kalau besi tinggi coba beri aerasi yg banyak, apabila diberi aerasi yg banyak besi akan mengendap di dasar, ini akan mudah kalau kolam bapak pakai button drain, setelah beri aerasi yg banyak kolam airnya dibuang 15-20 %, lalu ditambah air baru,
mudah - mudahan kandungan besi turun dan air lebih jernih, ini sudah pernah saya aplikasikan di kolam teman yg airnya mengandung besi yg cukup tinnggi. sekarag kolam tsb lebih bening.

mohon para senior dikoreksi bila saya salah.
thank

KARHOMA
03-07-2008, 09:23 AM
pak 3as,

klo untuk penggantian air baru tetap menggunakan sumber air yg sama bukannya kandunga zat besi (fe)nya tetap tinggi?

3as
03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
pak 3as,

klo untuk penggantian air baru tetap menggunakan sumber air yg sama bukannya kandunga zat besi (fe)nya tetap tinggi?

sorry boss karhoma,Mohon di koreksi jika saya salah,
sepengetahuan saya kalau kandungan zat besi saja yg tinnggi kalau diberi aerasi yg banyak berarti kandungan oksigennya akan tambah tinggi, kalau zat besi tercampur dengan oksigen dia akan mengendap di dasar, nah endapannya tadi kan kita buang, berarti sisa air yg di kolam kandungan besi nya kan berkurang, kalau di tambah air baru dengan sumber yg sama sekalipun berarti secara rata2 kandungan besi juga turun.

konon kabarnya Fe + o2 = Feo2, berat jenisnya lebih besar dari H2O, jadi akan megendap di dsaar, begitu kira2 kalau tidak salah.

mohon senior yg lain koreksi jika pendapat saya salah