PDA

View Full Version : (Q)uarantine Pond

arind
21-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi guys....
Actually, many hobbyist who obeying fish entry procedure have a quarantine facilities such as fibre tank, display vat, mini pond, etc. The Q pond (let me say simple!) have major function as acclimatization new fish and safeguard from diseases (prevent the spread of disease). Acclimatization is the process of an individual organism's adaptation due to shifting in its environment, in terms of fish are temperature and water quality. (detailed explanation make me headache with my vocab.. huh!)
In this thread I'll expose my humble quarantine pond. This Q pond made from fibre tank. Equipped with ordinary outfit: water pump, air pump, filter tank,and protection net. Please look at the specification below.

Dimensions (L x W x D): 2m x 1m x 0.9m = 1,8 ton
Water pump : Resun SP9000 Cap: 3800 l/h
Air pump : Resun LP60 Cap: 4200 l/h
Filter tank : Matala Biostep 10 Cap: 2700 l
Aerator pipe : airhose 2m (on center tank)
For water quality monitoring fitted with Multiparameter indicator from Hanna Instruments type HI 981404. The instrument continuously monitor and display the pH and TDS values of a solution on an easy to read set of dual LCD's.

For the purposes of aesthetics, fibre tank was covered with plywood and coating (finishing) by bamboo flooring.

Located in front of main pond. (looks untidy… not for comment guys… just like my wife, hey…)

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/DSC_6705e.jpg

Filter tank with homebrew waterfall. Don’t be confused brother… the system is so simple. Just make water outlet’s collection from 5 inch PVC pipe, cut along the body for water plunge. 5 pieces ecobio-block placed inside.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/6.jpg

Look inside….

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/7.jpg

Matala Biostep 10 and resun LP60 stand on an iron rack.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/DSC_6706e.jpg

arind
21-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Multiparameter Indicator. pH on the left, TDS on the right. It’s continuous display… make my days easy, guys….
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/3.jpg

The blue box under indicator is a storage of excess cables from probes.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/5.jpg

Please feel free to comment…. but see my note below...

Note:
not to argue about my english vocabulary or my grammar… (damn! my toefl just reach low score… hahahaha)

Regrads

mrbunta
21-05-2010, 04:33 PM
mantapppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
hi tech (Q)uarantine Pond
TDS why so high?

arind
21-05-2010, 04:37 PM
sorry guys,

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/4.jpg

arind
21-05-2010, 04:38 PM
mantapppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
hi tech (Q)uarantine Pond
TDS why so high?

'cause salt and biotalk treatment, sir...

h3ln1k
21-05-2010, 04:43 PM
very very usefull information om arind ;) 5 thumbs up for U for your brillian ideas in DIY pond equipments and I think that your TOEFL and TOEIC scores more than 600 no doubt at all ;)

I still curious to know more about your http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/3.jpg :mrgreen:

Asep Kurniawan
21-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, i am realy enjoying the english folder, i will follow...
anyway nice QP, very excellent...thank you

mrbunta
21-05-2010, 05:01 PM
'cause salt and biotalk treatment, sir...

oooooooooooooooo

limjohan
21-05-2010, 05:02 PM
very good S Q P bozzz.

arind
21-05-2010, 05:16 PM
don't admire om Helmi, it just my killing time activity.... even if they are useful.

Talking about monitor, the simple one's model not ready yet in Indo. They still ordering from overseas. Next week I'll go to Sin and I have a plan looking for that model. Furthermore I need your expertise to modify.....

arind
21-05-2010, 05:17 PM
oooooooooooooooo

O means round brother.... hahahaha

arind
21-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Hmmm, i am realy enjoying the english folder, i will follow...
anyway nice QP, very excellent...thank you

The 1st principle is How dare you're talking in english base on Bahasa....?
Don't care about the grammar.... both parties understand is the most important

Teja Utama
21-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Sure is... If you taken too much time along side your pond, then this is will became: you'll be Einstein of koi keeping at the end of the day... :lol:

Very useful, uncle Arind....

victor
21-05-2010, 06:36 PM
good good good
question: why you don't give thermometer to check your pond temperature?
and then you can control your pond temperature

Teja Utama
21-05-2010, 08:40 PM
good good good
question: why you don't give thermometer to check your pond temperature?
and then you can control your pond temperature

I thought it was not practical.
I suggest you put uncle Victor beside your pond. You won't need such gadgets... :lol:
But still, consider the cost... :lol:

Peace..., uncle....

edwin
21-05-2010, 11:48 PM
nice work uncle arind... Really enjoy to see your work. Is it running all the time?

aie
22-05-2010, 10:03 AM
hi om arind ,i want ask you for made bubble in your QP ..for LP60 ,what you use to make good bubble in QP ??
and,where i can get this equipment?tq

h3ln1k
24-05-2010, 05:44 PM
don't admire om Helmi, it just my killing time activity.... even if they are useful.

Talking about monitor, the simple one's model not ready yet in Indo. They still ordering from overseas. Next week I'll go to Sin and I have a plan looking for that model. Furthermore I need your expertise to modify.....

aye aye captain ;)

Teja Utama
24-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Where do I can go for those stuff while in Singapore?

waterkeeper
24-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Multiparameter Indicator. pH on the left, TDS on the right. It’s continuous display… make my days easy, guys….
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/3.jpg

The blue box under indicator is a storage of excess cables from probes.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/koisnow/5.jpg

Please feel free to comment…. but see my note below...

Note:
not to argue about my english vocabulary or my grammar… (damn! my toefl just reach low score… hahahaha)

Regrads

Like this ... !!
Are there any other models available ? perhaps the one that measures other parameters too ?
Where did you buy this in Singapore ... ? Thanks for the posting

bobo
25-05-2010, 08:31 AM
nice quarantine pond sir :D

Anton Sukoco
25-05-2010, 03:12 PM
sorry ..maybe out of subject...
what is the normal range for TDS?

arind
25-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm using 2m unihose sir..

arind
25-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Where do I can go for those stuff while in Singapore?

Like this ... !!
Are there any other models available ? perhaps the one that measures other parameters too ?
Where did you buy this in Singapore ... ? Thanks for the posting

please let me make correction... for multiparameter (see pictures) its from hanna indonesia. the other (simplest model, one parameter) is not ready in their stock, therefore i'll looking for it in Sin...

Teja Utama
25-05-2010, 05:34 PM
please let me make correction... for multiparameter (see pictures) its from hanna indonesia. the other (simplest model, one parameter) is not ready in their stock, therefore i'll looking for it in Sin...

GOT IT!
Thanks... :-)

waterkeeper
25-05-2010, 10:04 PM
sorry ..maybe out of subject...
what is the normal range for TDS?

My pond in average has a TDS level of +/- 220 ppm, which is considerably hard (my source water TDS is about 200 ppm).
usually mountain water has a TDS level of 50 ppm or even below.

TDS can be used to quick check your how much solid you have in your pond, assuming you dont put salt or any chemical into the pond, your pond TDS level should be the same or within <50 ppm.
If the your pond TDS is much much higher than your water source TDS, I usually check other parameters starting with Ammonia, Nitrite, and so on. Just my humble opinion....

Anton Sukoco
26-05-2010, 10:41 AM
My pond in average has a TDS level of +/- 220 ppm, which is considerably hard (my source water TDS is about 200 ppm).
usually mountain water has a TDS level of 50 ppm or even below.

TDS can be used to quick check your how much solid you have in your pond, assuming you dont put salt or any chemical into the pond, your pond TDS level should be the same or within <50 ppm.
If the your pond TDS is much much higher than your water source TDS, I usually check other parameters starting with Ammonia, Nitrite, and so on. Just my humble opinion....

thank you bro for your humble opinion..

i have checked my water parameters such as amminia, nitrite, nitrate and PH is quite OK and clear eanough , but my TDS..oh my GOD..is on 700 ppm..
just for your info, i filled by mountain water at 1st time..but for regular i fill "AIR PAM"...( dont know in english word)..

so..how to decrease TDS Value?

h3ln1k
26-05-2010, 11:17 AM
source TDS?

arind
26-05-2010, 04:30 PM

i have checked my water parameters such as amminia, nitrite, nitrate and PH is quite OK and clear eanough , but my TDS..oh my GOD..is on 700 ppm..
just for your info, i filled by mountain water at 1st time..but for regular i fill "AIR PAM"...( dont know in english word)..

Tap water bro...

edwin
27-05-2010, 09:58 PM

source TDS?

good idea. i think you should check your source water TDS. Did you do partially water change everyday?

Anton Sukoco
31-05-2010, 01:42 PM
i have checked my source water and the value at 200 ppm , and ofcourse regurally i change 1x a week, not 1x per day..my wife will be angry..hahahahhaaa....
so, how to decrease TDS value?...
what the effect is TDS value is higher than ?

mrbunta
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
i have checked my source water and the value at 200 ppm , and ofcourse regurally i change 1x a week, not 1x per day..my wife will be angry..hahahahhaaa....
so, how to decrease TDS value?...
what the effect is TDS value is higher than ?

to decrease TDS value
1. RO
2. Anion Kation

but recomended RO

arind
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
to decrease TDS value
1. RO
2. Anion Kation

but recomended RO

Is that stuff tendency for water hardness treatment, bro....??

Rx270
29-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Bro may i ask what did you use as cover for the QT? Looks alot like mosquito net but is it mosquito net? Thanks.