PDA

View Full Version : Showa Sanshoku : Tategoi or Not ?

waterkeeper
23-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Dear Friends,

This is one of my showa that i recently acquired.
I personally like the pattern, the 3 colors are evenly distributed through out the body, not to mention the tsubo sumi placement and nice motoguro.

Since i am quite a new koikichi, i need your eyes and knowledge to tell me the quality of this koi (body & skin ?)
Any comments are welcome, friends.

Size : 36 cm
Breeder : Ogata

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/koiofindonesia/Showa-1.jpg

William Pantoni
23-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Alvin..seem the quality of sumi itself look good but according to some literatures if the sumi on the shoulder part finish earlier than the other part of body then maybe sumi on the other parts will take longer to finish or even wil stay that way. So, maybe you can keep updating the development on this fish and we can learn the sumi better.

waterkeeper
23-06-2010, 06:38 PM
That's a new knowledge for me ... thanks om Will.
I will try to keep updating this showa, for now this showa is kept in my home pond until it reaches nisai or about 45-50 cm.
Once it does, i will move it to my other pond for to enhance the sumi development.

f0x
11-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Alvin..seem the quality of sumi itself look good but according to some literatures if the sumi on the shoulder part finish earlier than the other part of body then maybe sumi on the other parts will take longer to finish or even wil stay that way. So, maybe you can keep updating the development on this fish and we can learn the sumi better.

in other words : be patience bro alvin... ;-)

waterkeeper
05-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Just an updated photo taken today.
No changes really, except the size (sigh) ...
That's the thing with showa, gotta have a big patience ... :grin:
Size now is 42 cm, last taken on june was 36 cm

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/koiofindonesia/ShowaOgata-1.jpg

waterkeeper
29-12-2010, 07:27 AM
An update to this thread ..

I decided to relocate this Ogata showa to my other indoor pond that has a high TDS (around 500ppm) - TDS water source is around 450 ppm, most of the filter media are rocks "karang jahe" and bio balls.
Here is what it looks like now after 4 months ... sumi is improved but the beni is decreasing in quality, i think it's because of the high TDS water - makes the beni dull. This showa is now in my other pond with medium TDS, chilled to 22 Celcius - to treat the beni and shiroji.

Will update again its development later ... hope my story is useful to some koi keepers.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/koiofindonesia/Showa-2.jpg

sgotama
29-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Im not sure im seeing what you are saying. Well, the sumi does looks very much improved, but the beni and shiroji? It thought the beni is about the same or even stronger compared to your update on 08-05-2010. Also, the shiroji, looks pretty much stronger to me.
Is this just the camera effect or?
overall, i think the fish is still look kind of messy, but it seems that it is going to the right direction. as mr F0x already said" be patience".

Good Luck Bro

gunradal
26-08-2011, 10:17 AM
very nice showa.. i wonder about the progress at present Mr. Alvin?
i hope the sumi have already finished now..

waterkeeper
26-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately, this showa was admired and bought by other hobbyist in Jakarta. Will ask him how the progress is...

Sam KOI
26-08-2011, 11:00 AM
what an effect of high TDS, even the motogoros have disappeared....wow./...

salam
SamKOI

grinkz01
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
what an effect of high TDS, even the motogoros have disappeared....wow./...

salam
SamKOI

is it the same between high TDS and hard water ? If yes, sumi is even grow, not disappeared..........sumi is (should be) well developed in hard water.......CMIIW