Hello guest! It looks like you aren't a member already. Get now full access and register for free! And Don't Forget to get our KOI's ID Member Card

KC MERAH PUTIH AUG 2020 Doorprize Rp 120.000.000, Selengkapnya Klik Disini.

Thread: My preparation for show

Superior Champion KOI's ID:

My preparation for show

My Preparation for koi show

1. I call the guy to see the fish and choose which one will be ready for the
    show. He will measure the fish. It will cost me around Rp 200,000,-
    2. If the fish need to be "polished" he will come again and it wil cost me
    another Rp 200,000,-
    3. Find a guy who handle fhe fish, usually cost around Rp 250,000,- per fish.
    4. Rent a vat which is Rp 1,250,000,-.
    5. Register the fish which cost around Rp 500,000,- for mid size fish.

At least it will cost you 2 million for the show. If you have just an ordinary SQ fish (these days cost at least 3 mill if you are lucky), I will think many many times to joint the show. So I keep the fish happily in my pond and going to the show just to appriciate million yen fish which I could not afford....
    Koi-s ID: 2009 0021 0154

Superior Champion KOI's ID: Teja Utama's Avatar
    Seems you've done so much and being realistic -eventually-- by holding most of our desires to take part in the show. Frankly is, we couldn't have those precious creature (as you mentioned with millions of JPY in price) to set in, but our guts is devoted more than just to taking home a trophy. Yes, I call it a devotion. To such daily routine keeping our fish in it's best shape.

;peace:
    Koi-s ID : 2010 0335 0421

Quote Originally Posted by Teja Utama View Post
    Seems you've done so much and being realistic -eventually-- by holding most of our desires to take part in the show. Frankly is, we couldn't have those precious creature (as you mentioned with millions of JPY in price) to set in, but our guts is devoted more than just to taking home a trophy. Yes, I call it a devotion. To such daily routine keeping our fish in it's best shape.

;peace:
    Agree with you bro, I am just quite upset that people become too money oriented in this small koi's world.

Grand Champion KOI's ID:
    Pak Budidjo:

1. I call the guy to see the fish and choose which one will be ready for the
    show. He will measure the fish. It will cost me around Rp 200,000,- (No need to call this guy if you are certain and willing to gamble on which fish you wanna bring to the show and willing to measure your own and take picture; by the way you forget the cost of printing photos)
    2. If the fish need to be "polished" he will come again and it wil cost me
    another Rp 200,000,- (No need to pay that guy again if you can polish it your own (maybe should learn your own) or just dont polish it ... i thought you like it to be natural)
    3. Find a guy who handle fhe fish, usually cost around Rp 250,000,- per fish. (You actually can wrap your own and bring to the site by yourself ... scoop the fish your own and later unpack n bring back to your place. I guarantee you dont need to pay that guy Rp 250,000/fish)
    4. Rent a vat which is Rp 1,250,000,-. (You can cut cost if you are willing to share the vat which most probably share ths risk as well)
    5. Register the fish which cost around Rp 500,000,- for mid size fish. (unavoidable ... maybe join the club to get discounted as member's benefit)

At least it will cost you 2 million for the show. If you have just an ordinary SQ fish (these days cost at least 3 mill if you are lucky) , I will think many many times to joint the show. So I keep the fish happily in my pond and going to the show just to appriciate million yen fish which I could not afford.... (Just play and enjoy this hobby as much as you can affford ... actually you can find show quality fish cheaper than 3mill ... Dont bring yourself to the place you know you dont wanna be there ... you make your own decision. Cheers, sir)
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by rvidella View Post
    (Just play and enjoy this hobby as much as you can affford ...
    Agree.... no matter how much the cost you spend it, if you can enjoy, it's priceless.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Regards - Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by edwin View Post
    Agree.... no matter how much the cost you spend it, if you can enjoy, it's priceless.....
    I think when you bring your fish to the show, at least you expect to get something from the show...that's the reason sometimes I asked "expert" to pick the fish. Otherwise it is just wasting money...
    Maybe it is just me complaining about the cost since I don't have that much money to burn....but I still take my fish to the show lol.