Hi All,

When preparing the latest issue of KOI-S Magazine, my friend Hiroshi Toyama suggest me to publish the article: “A Tosai with Future”, written by Elmen Tan. He thought the article would inspiring many of us, in term of how to pick tosai, growing them, entering and winning the Koi Show. I agree with him, but one that more motivating me to publish the article is to answer my simple question: “Is it possible even the big breeder missed the champion Koi when they culled?”. I keep this question for a long time, especially since I was frequently buying imported tosai.

First time I read the article, it feel like I finally found the answer. I immediately asked Elmen and luckily he gave me his permission to publish the article

Today Elmen send me mail and inform that after winning Adult Champion in 4th Asia Cup Asia Koi Show in Kuala Lumpur, the same showa just won the Adult Champion in the recently concluded NHA Koi Show in Singapore. Two years ago Elmen cost this koi for RM 300, but now the price might have no limit. It makes my question raised again and push me to open a discussion. This kind of topic really interesting to discuss. It probably give us an opportunity to get the true "jewel”, the koi champion, and the good investment. What do you think?

courtesy: Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Bram Rohaan currently working at Dainichi. I know he is very busy this moment but I wish he could visit and join this forum. We need him to share his experiences when involved culling Koi at Dainichi. Isn’t it Bram?

regards,