Hello guest! It looks like you aren't a member already. Get now full access and register for free! And Don't Forget to get our KOI's ID Member Card

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oomo Showa Grow Out Competition Event

Adult Champion KOI's ID:
    Quote Originally Posted by elcaro5
    Hi,

Mr. Ajik,
    I saw them directly yesterday. Have to admit the smallest koi belong to p Tan have good pattern and strong hi also

Somebody has offered to buy my koi. But for the sake of GO event, I don't want to sell it, coz we want to learn "how to grow koi" from this event.

Thanks,
    Tan GA
    Pak Tan,

the guy was crazy about that koi and I can understand him. This is one of my personal favourites and I would have been more than happy if no one took it

BTW, the videos can only be viewed but not be downloaded. Sorry for that...
    Cheers

Sven

Superior Champion KOI's ID:
    Dear all,

I know that everyone is interested in the progress (especially the non-Jakartans). However I try to avoid putting too much stress on the fishes. I am currently working on how to get movies on my website and it seems working. I will try to shoot a movie tomorrow and put it online. By that way everyone can see the progress and I do not need to net the fishes. I think the fishes grow well but I will chnage the basic food pellets now from breeder pro to Ogata food which I expect to have better results. Anyway, we can see some growth already and I would suggest to do a one time netting after 3 month (halftime) to make new photos and measuring. I will also give some personal ranking within this week which is, of course, only a personal opinion
    Hi Sven,

Rather than giving your personal opinion and ranking considering that you are not at all a certified judge even by APKI . could I suggest (as simply suggestion if you and the owners are agreed) to ENTER ALL THE OOMO SHOW GO fish to next Jakarta Show (sep 28-30)? in each respective size(s).

This is to test the waters and how good those fishes are currently growing (till end Sep), anyway all GO fish must enter the Show so they are still in equal position for the GO event/growth etc.

If you and the owners agree, I will try to give a special entry fee for these fish only to see how they compete with other showas from other breeders including Blitar's.

This is not a challenge to Oomo Showa or something like that because his reputation as a good showa producer will be still intact no matter the result of the show.

And the judges to judge those showa are duly international

cheers

Adult Champion KOI's ID:
    Quote Originally Posted by chester
    [Hi Sven,

Rather than giving your personal opinion and ranking considering that you are not at all a certified judge even by APKI . could I suggest (as simply suggestion if you and the owners are agreed) to ENTER ALL THE OOMO SHOW GO fish to next Jakarta Show (sep 28-30)? in each respective size(s).

This is to test the waters and how good those fishes are currently growing (till end Sep), anyway all GO fish must enter the Show so they are still in equal position for the GO event/growth etc.

If you and the owners agree, I will try to give a special entry fee for these fish only to see how they compete with other showas from other breeders including Blitar's.

This is not a challenge to Oomo Showa or something like that because his reputation as a good showa producer will be still intact no matter the result of the show.

And the judges to judge those showa are duly international

cheers
    Hi Ricky,

thanks for the comments. Regarding my personal judgement I think there is nothing wrong about it. FYI, I am currently in the process of getting the ZNA certification but regulations will not allow me to get it before end of next year

Anyway, coming to the issue I do not think that entering these Showa for the show is a useful idea. First of all the main aim was to let the koi grow and develop without giving them any additional stress. Entering the fishes to the show is certainly a lot of stress and I do not want to be responsible for any problems that might occur during or after the show. Secondly entering the fishes to the September show is only possible if 100% of the owners agree. Thirdly I do not think that all fishes are ready for a show as a lot of them have not started any finishing. I think the better choice is to enter the koi after the event and chose only the ones that have the finishing and quality to be competitive.
    Cheers

Sven

Hi Ricky,

thanks for the comments. Regarding my personal judgement I think there is nothing wrong about it. FYI, I am currently in the process of getting the ZNA certification but regulations will not allow me to get it before end of next year

Anyway, coming to the issue I do not think that entering these Showa for the show is a useful idea. First of all the main aim was to let the koi grow and develop without giving them any additional stress. Entering the fishes to the show is certainly a lot of stress and I do not want to be responsible for any problems that might occur during or after the show. Secondly entering the fishes to the September show is only possible if 100% of the owners agree. Thirdly I do not think that all fishes are ready for a show as a lot of them have not started any finishing. I think the better choice is to enter the koi after the event and chose only the ones that have the finishing and quality to be competitive.[/quote]

Hi Sven,

Wow, you will be a ZNA judge next year! Good to know so that I won't have any trouble to invite you for next events to come.

Regarding entering the GO events to the Sept show, I wish I could agree with you but I duly respect your opinion.

Anyway, stress is also part of a growth process namely to know whether they crack under pressure After all, degree of stress in entering show for small fish is much less compared to bigger fish. If they are packed one by one in an individual plastic bag (one bag for one fish) during the fish entry, it would be quite comfortable for them. If necessary, I will ask the show handling team to let you use your own water for these very specific entries only, a dispensation

What I am totally agreed is that you have to get the respective owners' approval for their GO fish to enter the Show under their own responsibilities having you as their handler.

Anyhow, whatever decision to be taken by the owners is fully respected, my idea is simply to have more competition for this showa class. According to the survey to the dealers when we check the fish availability to enter the show, it is expected around 60-70 showa of this size range to turn in.

I expect that the showas from these sizes could be a Baby Champion and or Junior Young Champion and I will be very happy if Oomo GO showa owned by this Forum members could win that championship.

cheers

Super Moderator KOI's ID:
    Guys,

aku sih tidak keberatan ikanku diikutkan kontes JKC sept 2007, tapi tentunya tergantung KC sebagai pengelola GO, karena KC yang akan jadi direpotkan nantinya.
    KOI's ID. 2006 0021 0003

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Iwan
    Guys,

aku sih tidak keberatan ikanku diikutkan kontes JKC sept 2007, tapi tentunya tergantung KC sebagai pengelola GO, karena KC yang akan jadi direpotkan nantinya.
    thanks kang Robby atas supportnya lamun kalo yang punya gawe ta boga nyali yah jangan dipaksakan euy, he he he

cheers

Grand Champion KOI's ID:
    Hi Oomo showa GO participants/Sven

How the kois growth and beauty progress so far; where the final judgment and last photos available?

I slightly interested where I also bought and keep one of the GO batch of these Oomo showas, it was an outsider of GO program, nevertheless I need to compare the progress.

Looking forward the progress report... thanks a lot!

Cheers
    Gom
    Act Random of Kindness
    Salam Koi - Horas....

Grand Champion KOI's ID: dattairadian's Avatar
    Pak Gom, coba lihat di thread KOIs talk & GO event (kegiatan KOI's)..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123