Hello guest! It looks like you aren't a member already. Get now full access and register for free! And Don't Forget to get our KOI's ID Member Card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Water Disease n Hot Water Stress

Grand Champion KOI's ID: victor's Avatar

Cold Water Disease n Hot Water Stress

Anybody know?
    What is 'Cold Water Disease' ?
    What is 'Hot Water Stress' ?
    How can i solve this problem
    www.vickoi.com

Grand Champion KOI's ID: mrbunta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Anybody know?
    What is 'Cold Water Disease' ?
    What is 'Hot Water Stress' ?
    How can i solve this problem
    loh loh loh
    cold water disease is water to cool
    hot water stress is water to hot
    to solve the problem so very easy.
    install water chiller heheheheheehehhe
    and ask the koi, is it confortable? if to cool temp can be set to increase. and if to hot temp can be set to decrese
    KOI'S ID : 2009 0031 0199

Grand Champion KOI's ID: h3ln1k's Avatar
    I have no experience at all about that deseases anybody can answer please....

Grand Champion KOI's ID: victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunta View Post
    loh loh loh
    cold water disease is water to cool
    hot water stress is water to hot
    to solve the problem so very easy.
    install water chiller heheheheheehehhe
    and ask the koi, is it confortable? if to cool temp can be set to increase. and if to hot temp can be set to decrese
    when koi moving from your town that temperature room maybe about 27 or 28 celcius degree to my pond that temperature only 23-24 celcius degree
    that's can make effect for koi's life, i think thats there are bacteria that can't live on your pond and it will be live on my pond
    i don't have enough reason n information that i make conclusion
    maybe there are any information from hobbis from malaysia, thailand, japan or another country
    thx
    www.vickoi.com

Grand Champion KOI's ID: mrbunta's Avatar
    when koi moving from your town that temperature room maybe about 27 or 28 celcius degree to my pond that temperature only 23-24 celcius degree
    that's can make effect for koi's life, i think thats there are bacteria that can't live on your pond and it will be live on my pond
    maybe there are any information from hobbis from malaysia, thailand, japan or another country
    thx
    at my pond that's not a problem. just ok.
    KOI'S ID : 2009 0031 0199

Superior Champion KOI's ID: bobo's Avatar
    thx
    I feel quarantine can help mr.Victor to address these temperature differences.
    this can help the koi to be able to adjust to the new pond and water well.
    With quarantine, fish
    will be more resistant to the new environment.
    It's helps koi too.
    [email protected] 鯉の私の趣味

Banned KOI's ID:
    Do you mean jet lag for koi??? When it's happen on some "flocking causes" by extreme temperature changes???
    Some noticeable advice from my supplier was given when I transport koi from distances. Ex. Put the carrier bag on the water while the fish is still inside for a few minutes after arrival (temperature normalization).

So far, I prefer to quarantine. Otherwise, I put my beloved jewels in the glass aquarium and heated until I got 30'C on my thermo.
    Last edited by Teja Utama; 26-05-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: grammar broken

Grand Champion KOI's ID: Glenardo's Avatar
    Guys, as far as my experiences, bring Koi from cold area ( Puncak ) to Jakarta ( Hot area ), it takes less risk than bring koi from Hot area ( Jakarta ) to Cold area (Puncak).
    What I usually do is prevention. Packaging must be comfortable for Koi then put the koi in proper position in car ( let say if passenger position is vertikal, then koi box must be horizontal). Before that, off course, must discipline to fasting koi before transpot. Water in QT also must be prepare at least 1 days with full aeration.

Other else, I use common practice for quarantinne Koi. But, i dont agree with few minutes. I usually float bag at least 30 minutes, then add QT Water inside and hold it for 10 min.

In a case like om Teja, I dont believe heater will help that. If fish still healty, why we have to use heater? My conclusion for this, buyer must know personal recommendation from seller.

Thanks

Acclimatization mean Quarantine treatment

Banned KOI's ID:
    When the symptoms of, whatever , is occurs, I do prefer to quarantine my kois without heating it up. I'm often using my fiber tub, put some supplement and fully aerated. Only if I think it doesn't work then I rolled up everything back to start again but, for a germicidal symptom, this time I use glass aquarium and then... I put the heater switched on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast