PDA

View Full Version : self-adjusting skimmer, made in Indonesia

svenni
18-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi,

in my thread about our new pond I also showed a self-adjusting skimmer that we installed. There was big interest about that skimmer but as usual the problem was the price of approx. 900.000,-- Rp. (importing goods to indonesia unfortunately makes them quite expensive :cry: ).

After searching for parts that are available locally we have now managed to produce that kind of skimmer locally. The function is exactly the same but the selling price could be reduced to 295.000,-- Rp. :D

What is the benefit of a self-adjusting skimmer? Compared to the usual skimmers that are using a 4" pipe or volsok 4"/3" submersed by 1/3 into the water the surface area that is treated will be approx 25cm2. The self-adjusting skimmer will treat about 8 times more, i.e. 200cm2 (that means much more efficient removal of floating particles). Furthermore the "standard" skimmers need to be adjusted manually depending on the water level in the pond. The self-adjusting skimmer can theoretically cover differences in water levels of more than 20 cm without any problem :D . It simply floats on the water surface and the suction of the water flow will pull it under the surface to remove any waste.

This is a picture of the skimmer (the imported version) running in our pond D4:
http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/drumfilter/d4skimmer.jpg

Here are the pics of the local made version (left) and the imported version (right):
http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/products/swimskimmer1.jpg

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/products/swimskimmer2.jpg

As you can see it is difficult to make out differences :lol: . The self adjusting skimmer is supplied as a complete set with

-skimmer
-holder ring
-reduction adapter to connect it to a 3" pipe

If you have a skimmer pipe in your pond that is at least 30cm below the water surface the self-adjusting skimmer can be installed in less than 5 minutes :D Upon customer request we could even supply the skimmer in any desired colour :lol:

Robby Iwan
18-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Sven,

Great job, I LOVE MADE IN INDONESIA

svenni
18-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks Pak Robby. Me too.... :mrgreen:

karom
19-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks Pak Robby. Me too.... :mrgreen:

hmm hmm :roll: .. now I know what you means Sven .. :wink: :D

do you also plan to make Bacteria House made in Indonesia :idea:

William Pantoni
19-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Pak Svenni....excellent creativity.....and with this price I'm sure....many Hobbyist will be interested including me.....including me :) :) :) :)

Can u pls check your PM.

wibowo
19-05-2008, 09:22 AM
do you also plan to make Bacteria House made in Indonesia :idea:

wah yg ini nih mantap, kapan terealisasi ya ?

arungtasik
20-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Pak Sven, I'm interested. Can it be delivered or has to be picked up?

Cheers

Tomi Lebang

Jl. Tebet Timur Dalam XI/46
Jakarta Selatan

svenni
21-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Pak Sven, I'm interested. Can it be delivered or has to be picked up?

Cheers

Tomi Lebang

Jl. Tebet Timur Dalam XI/46
Jakarta Selatan

Hi Pak Tomi,

can be delivered. I just got an order from East Java. Shipping costs within Java are less than 50.000,-- Rp. Delivery time max. 3 days.

@Pak Karom:
Why should I consider making the bacteria house? Pak Sugi, Sunter Koi already has a reasonable priced filter media and the housing can be ordered individually :lol:

Actually, I prefer my system of rotary drum filter with moving bead and bio chamber. It's not so noisy, looks better (because its under water level) and has at least similar performance. Pricewise it might be even cheaper :lol:

EOI
21-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Pak Svenn,

Can you make a custom height to accomodate existing setup? How and what do we need to measure to know the skimmer height required. I am very interested as my pond is outdoor ad i do not replenish ater on daily basis to compensate for evaporaton.

svenni
21-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Pak Svenn,

Can you make a custom height to accomodate existing setup? How and what do we need to measure to know the skimmer height required. I am very interested as my pond is outdoor ad i do not replenish ater on daily basis to compensate for evaporaton.

Hi Pak,

as long as the pipe is at least 40 cm under water level there is no need to adjust anything. I will make a drawing how this skimmer works and post it. As I am travelling until tomorrow I will do it on Friday :D

svenni
21-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi,

I managed to make the sketch by power point :lol:

http://www.koi-collection.com/Images/products/Skimmersketch.jpg

As you can see the skimmer can slide up and down (the space between holder ring and skimmer is only 0,5mm). If the holder ring is placed in the middle of the skimmer (approx. 15cm below water surface), the skimmer can move 15 cm up or down. So any water level within that range will be covered. If piping is to far at the top the skimmer can also be shortened to make it fit. we also did that actually in our D4 pond :lol:

EOI
22-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Pak Svenn,

Thank you for the explanation and drawing. Based on the drawing, is it possible to shortened the skimmer body should the distance between the water surface to the pipe (to filter) is less than 40 cm? I will see and take measurement of my current skimmer piping set up. Tx

svenni
22-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Pak Svenn,

Thank you for the explanation and drawing. Based on the drawing, is it possible to shortened the skimmer body should the distance between the water surface to the pipe (to filter) is less than 40 cm? I will see and take measurement of my current skimmer piping set up. Tx

Yes Pak,

that's possible. In our D4 pond we did the same and the skimmer is now about 20-25cm only.

ipaul888
07-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Do you sell the floating skkimers? Where i can get those?